Body Twist

Josh Douglas yjosh@yahoo.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:25:15 -0600

Hi all-

I'm fairly new and pretty quiet. I'd like to thank
Larry for the direction he's taking with the list.
Lets sort out the crap. There are plenty of other
outlets for that. George Roffe's post about a honda
engine in a basement is a perfect example of what
doesn't need to be here. I'm sorry to single you out
George, but It serves as a good example. Please don't
take this as a personal attack; In my eyes its pretty
clear that you are one of the most knowledgable people
on the list (And I did see your apology post.)

So, lets end this. Drop the subject. Let Larry do what
needs to be done. Talk about SE-Rs.

Now for something that belongs here...

This is somewhat of an FYI and somewhat of an
inquiry...

I put in a stillen front strut tower bar on my 91
classic a few months ago.  Since then, my interior
light comes on when I push the car hard in corners.
Apparently, the bar has caused flexing within the body
to move from the front of the car to the midsection.
I've isolated the problem to the drivers door switch
controling the door ajar indicator. Has anyone else
experienced this problem? What did you do? (Besides
turn the light off...)

My only thought is to shim the door switch, but this
doesn't change the fact that I'm still experiencing
some pretty significant body twist. Should I be
worried about it? If I do shim it, anyone have any
ideas? I figure I can either weld a bung on the door
where the switch hits or....? any good ideas?

I am going to get one of the rear STB's that are
currently being designed by one of our list members.
I'm hoping this might help the problem somewhat. But
I'm also putting AGX/Hyperco genII's on soon and I
know I'm going to be pushing the car harder and making
the problem worse.

Any thoughts?

Josh Douglas
91 SE-R