Manual approval

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:48:33 -0600

Scarpulla, Christopher [IT] wrote:

>This doesn't make any sense. Existing members should be pre-approved.

All I know is what Larry posted to the list.  Larry put the list on
moderated mode before Bruce, Jim, and I became moderators (I *think*).  So,
we have to play a little catch-up ball here and find out exactly what
Larry's wishes are.  Based upon his message I would guess that he wants to
see the list be more tightly on-topic.  Of course that message came *right*
after *I* posted something off-topic.  DOH!

For now, I think that everything is getting pretty much automatically
approved pretty quickly with the exception of way off-topic stuff and
threads that Larry has somehow flagged as being held for the subject
matter.  One of those subjects is discussions about the list
itself.  However, stuff like this that is informational will certainly be
approved.

I think I speak for all of us to please hang in there a bit.  We'll get
this sorted out and keep approvals happening as quickly as possible.  This
isn't 1984 an we're not out to control the free exchange of ideas here.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
http://www.nissport.com