Horn and Cruise with a Momo wheel?

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:01:35 -0600

Wayne Cox wrote:

>If you've got an air bag the FIRST thing you do better damn well be DISARM
>THE AIRBAG !!!

Indeed.  I was going to write this, but then I remembered that he said the
car already had a MOMO Champion steering wheel installed.  Step one was
done, but I should have warned others.

>They can be lethal or very injurious at close range (or even normal seating
>positions!)  Check the FSM for the proper procedure.

Yep.

My father-in-law used to run the service department for a large leasing
agency.  One of his techs had his nose broken by tinkering with the
steering wheel without first disarming the airbag.  No fun.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
http://www.nissport.com