b13 rear stb update

Josh Palmer jpalmer@qmiwi.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:48:50 -0600

I sent out a mass mailing, but AOL detected it as spam,
so a bunch of e-mails were blocked...

First I'd like to apologize for the slow development.
All the R&D is done at my work, and I'm way behind on quotes,
computer projects, and have been busy on weekends also.

I have also forgotten to e-mail updates to people that are
not on the forums - SORRY!

I made some progress today!
The 7/8" hex center bar is done. I think it is plenty rigid.
The blocks are now modified with a compound angle, to account
for the seat back and also the angle between the strut tower
mounts, relative to ground.

I posted pictures on my web page, take a look:
http://www.geocities.com/jjpalmer314/b13rearstb.html

The list is up to 106, including the se-r list, sr20deforum
and nissanforums.
6 of those haven't responded with additional requested information.
106 does not include a few 'maybes'.

Next I need to modify (slightly) the pocket that locates the
block to make it easier to clamp the parts for welding.
When that's done, it'll be time to weld another set.
Hopefully that will be done this week.
I've said that before, but I'll try my best.

I want to make sure this is going to install easily, so it takes
time, a bit of trial, error, correction to get it right.

I'll work up a price when the design is final. I'm still
confident the $50ish target is attainable (not including shipping).

The pertinent links to forum threads are here:
http://www.sr20deforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29247
http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8739

Thank you for your patience!

Josh Palmer