SR20DET choices.

Ben Fenner fenfam@attbi.com
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:44:44 -0600

I'm new to the list (3 months, right after I got my car) so all this talk of
it ending has gotten me in a weird mood. I have many plans for the car, and
wish to get the answers from you guys while I can.

As far as I know there are three choices for SR20DET motors.
1) Red Top
2) Blue Bird
3) GTi-R

As far as I know these are 3 slightly different motors from 3 different
cars. The GTi-R is AWD by default (I think), the Red Top comes in FWD or RWD
and I know nothing about the Blue Bird. I'm looking to do the iminant engine
swap some time in the future and would like any/all information on these
engines as far as advantages/dissadvantages for daily driving, racing,
upgrading, and installing. I know I'm asking a lot, and if there's a simple
answer (like a web site I could visit for the answers) just stick it to me.

Also while I still can, I'd like to hace some susspesion questions answered.
But that's for a different day.

Thanks in advance,

-Ben
1994 Sentra SE-R