Goodridge SS brake lines.

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:48:16 -0600

Well, finally bit the bullet - actually finding there was such a thing
as
speedbleeders really sent me over the edge - well, I finally installed
the SS lines
I bought 3 or 4 months ago.  Nice.

I bled until there was nothing but new, clear liquid coming out, that
qualifies as a flush, right? :P

I put the short ones on the front, someone tell me if that's gonna kill
something,
I didn't think so at the time, but the ss brake line packaging had some
disclaimerish type thing on it about wheel travel, etc.

The rear ones, after inspection, seemed to want a little more length, so
they could
make that wierd 'S' as it snakes through the shock bracket into the
caliper.

What fun - they don't seem rock hard, but there's a lot of sand on the
roads
these days, and lockups are pretty easy to accomplish.

I probably just need to go rebleed everything per FSM order -
LR, RF, RR, LF - damn that's annoying on stock rims.

I might be able to bleed w/o removing the wheels on one or 2, but I
still
have to go up and down on ramps/jack - prokits make the car too low for
my sears 3-ton to get under the front, and the rear can't get enough
lever throw on the jack to make it w/o ramps - oh well.

On a side note - anyone use OZ Superleggera's in the 15x7 variety?  I
think they look a little extreme, but at 11lbs and $200, they seem like
pretty much decent rim - SSR comps have a bad rap on durability, and
Kosei F1's are just a little too heavy/expensive at 13.5/150 each, but a
seem good bang for the buck, I'd rather take a couple pounds off and use
the OZ's.  Besides, anything to make bleeding easier has gotta be worth
it.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.