wheel hop

sean mcmahon badahab@yahoo.com
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 01:02:51 -0600

There are a few things that can reduce hop.  The cheep and easy one is just
playing with tire pressure.  I had a huge problem with wheel hop at the track
on my kumho's until I figured out that lowering the tire pressure increases
grip and reduces wheel hop.  yeah.  Not something to do on the street though.
The other thing that really helped me was the lower control arm brace from
stillen.  I dont know if they have one for the b15 or not but Im sure there
will be one before too long.  The last thing that I did was replace the motor
mounts.  I just have the es inserts (rather have place racing mounts).  I only
have for the left and right side of the motor (front and back of car), and they
made a huge difference.  Dont forget that wheel hop is bad and eventualy WILL
BREAK SOMETHING EXPENSIVE.  If I had to choose between driving differently and
breaking expensive stuff id just drive differently.  Or just dont drive it like
you stole it.  my two cents

-sean