wheel hop

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 23:39:12 -0600

Hello folks, once again.
A few months ago I posted a question asking if anyone had any good
suggestions on reducing front wheel hop on my SpecV.
At the time I mentioned it in the context of hard shifts, especially 1st to
2nd.
Mainly the replies I got were along the lines of "Don't shift so hard, you
will break your tranny/clutch/other"

Since then I have done a bit more work / mods on the SpecV ( thanks go
extremely to Jim Wolf and his counter-balancer removal kit).

Now I can readily break traction at will without shifting in 1st, 2nd, and
usually in 3rd.
Same problem, though. Instead of clean and even tire spin, it often starts
to hop like hell.
Kind of a "pogo stick" effect.

I suspect that there is some combination of suspension tuning/mods that can
be done to reduce or remove this problem. Any suggestions?

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

Ask me about NAS and near-line storage