Tires

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 13:48:19 -0600

At 01:35 PM 12/9/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Prices include shipping. Whatever you do, DO NOT get the RE92... biggest
>POS tire. My cheapo Sears brand tires were better.

Oh, good point!  ~Do Not~ assume any one tire manufacturer makes an
excellent product all the way across their line!  Except maybe Michelin,
but they're damn expensive and very good, but not excellent.  Or GoodYear
which makes consistent crap! (unless you're shopping for professional race
tires)

I don't have any serious brand loyalties;  although BridgeStone, Dunlop,
Michellin, and Sumitomo are currently safer bets than most.

You can do your home work and find the ideal tire, then go to the dealer,
and they won't have it;  but will try to sell something from the same
manufacturer with a similar model designation that might be junk.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R parts car