Resurfacing head for metal head gasket

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 11:36:20 -0600

Hey guys,

I recently had a head resurfaced for use with a metal
head gasket. The finish of the head surface was such
that you could feel the tooling marks if rubbed your
fingernail across it.

I installed the head with brand new head bolts,
etc...and now the engine leaks a considerable amount
of oil from the head gasket. You can see the oil
oozing down the block, making a nic little puddle on
my floor :)

I have been told that I need a very smooth finish when
using a metal head gasket, almost like a polished
surface, where the tooling marks are extremely close
together and very smooth when you run your fingernail
across it.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

=====