Striking Rod Oil Seal

Wayne Cox wmc66@bellsouth.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:08:29 -0600

At 10:42 AM 12/6/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Does anyone know what a striking rod oil seal is?  I called two Nissan
>Service departments, and neither one knew what one was.  I know what one
>is, but I was calling them to see how much they would charge (parts and
>labor) to replace one.  Has anyone ever gotten this done by a shop, if so
>how much did you pay?

Gawd, do Nissan dealers all suck or what?!

Tell 'em it's the seal around the shift linkage rod going into the
transaxle.  Actually, better call it a "transmision".  I said "transaxle"
to a mechanic and he thought I meant a CV-axle :(

The seal is about $5, there are a couple roll-pins for maybe $1.50.  I'd
guess 0.5hr billable.  They can do it without draining or replacing the
gear oil.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R parts car