Non-SE-R: GM OHV engines

sean mcmahon badahab@yahoo.com
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 00:31:32 -0600

 Another
> good one is the Chrysler slant 6.  One of the toughest engines ever made.
> Originally designed for aluminum block, then they poured those same
> generous proportions in cast iron when they had problems w/volume
> production of aluminum blocks.  So, in iron, it was WAY overbuilt.

AMEN BROTHER.  My second car was a 64 dodge dart (4door of corse)  and it had a
190 /6 with a 3bbl and a 3 on the tree.  It was on 360,000 miles when it finaly
broke a timing chain.  I think it was the chain at least... oh well in the
junker now.  It turns out that when you have a 190/6 and 3 gears... your not
soposed to try and go as fast as you can on the highway, things break.

-sean