Re Weight transfer

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 18:38:29 -0600

Where you stated:
>Chris,

> > How exactly did you model the car and come up with the COG displacement? I
> > am very curious since I cannot fathom HOW the COG "moves" with repsect to
> > the two axes. In my simplified analysis the COG does not move.

>Imagine a bar stool. Put books under 2 legs, but keep the other 2 fixed...
>the top of the stool moves toward the fixed legs, so does the CG. The same
>thing happens with the car.

Right, and if one does this they should also be prepared to adjust spring
rates.
The end receiving the extra weight will be preloaded.
Another car example of what you are talking about is in drag cars, where
they put small diameter front wheels on them. This preloads them down at
the front, making it a greater rotation when the front end lifts (wheelie).

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

Ask me about NAS and near-line storage