raising idle

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:22:44 -0600

At 06:49 AM 11/29/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Would there be any negative effect in adjusting the throttle cable to
>slightly raise the idle?  Instead of forking up $500+ for a jwt to raise
>you idle from ~850 to ~1000, you could just tighten the cable.

Never heard of anyone doing such a thing.  If you really need a "brute
force" way to raise the idle (not enough adj available via the IAC
valve),  then I think there's an adjusting screw on the throttle body you
can tweak to control where it closes.

Tightening the cable sounds really risky - like it might not fully close
when you need it to.  Think it needs some slack to ensure it closes
consistently at the same point.

    -Wayne  91 NK2k,  93 NX2k,  92 SE-R-Parts-Car