If you are inclined to street race read this first....

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:35:35 -0600

This is from nissanforums.com, a heartbreaking story,
especialy if you have kids.

Listen up...

Tonight was one of the most shocking nights I have
ever had. Some of you may know I'm a volunteer
firefighter. I don't get to ride in the cool
fire-truck, I'm stuck driving a 99 F-250 "Emergency
Response Team" truck (carries the other diver and I
and all of the medical/diving/fire/EMS equipment).
Anyway we were on our way back from a small kitchen
fire when we got behind a semi ricey Eclipse GS-X a
pretty ricey Accord V6 and a Camaro RS (this is on a 4
lane road). Now the fuckers had been racing each other
light to light and swerving past all slower traffic.
So once we got behind them we were going to radio in
their plates but before we could the light turned
green and off they went.

About maybe a quarter mile ahead was a mini-van (Dodge
I beleive) that had turned the way they were going.
The Accord in the far right lane was being blocked by
the mini van so decided to cut off on the shoulder and
attempt to pass the van. Well the rumble strip sort of
pulled the car further to the right more the he
expected I guess and he cut back left throwing himself
infront of the mini-van and Camaro. The 3 racers had
to be doing about 80 by now, but the Accord went
sideways into the van and then continued on into the
Camaro and then into the cement median doing 83 (what
the spedo was stuck at we later found). The van ended
up rolling because it tried to cut and miss the accord
as it hit it.

When we got up to the scene I almost lost my dinner.
I've seen gun shot victims, scraped people off
railraod tracks, you name it I've probably seen it but
this I just couldn't handle. I ran to the Accord first
to see what was there. The driver went through the
windshield and into the cement median, what was left
of his skull was now somewhere compounded into his
shoulders and the median. The passanger was a very
beautiful girl about my age (19) whos arm was compound
fractured beyond physical recognition, and ears were
bleeding like crazy. No seat belt either. (Airbags
were both removed because of the momo wheel and
"engine management consol" on the passanger side) She
had some apparent head injury from the windsheild and
was either uncounsious or dead. Nothing I could really
do in that car at the time.

I ran over to the Camaro to see what was up there. The
guy maye 25 or so was ok. Had his seat belt on and
everything. I jsut screamed at him to stay in the car
until te cops came.

Off in the distance the fucking Eclipse didn't even
stop to see what happened. He fled a fast as his car
could go.

Just as I noticed the eclipse, my partner who radio'ed
for help and then ran over to van screamed "Chris get
the fuck over here". This is where I almost lost it.
The van on its side held a mother and 2 children, none
which were responsive. I crawled into the middle
window where I thought the yougest child was. She had
to be maybe 4 at the oldest. No seat belt. Was thrown
into the window when it rolled then into the pavement
I would have imagined. Her head had a rather obvious
dent in it BUT she was breathing. I pulled her through
the window.

In the passanger seat was a younger boy maybe 10 whos
arm was crushed under the tipped over van. It later
had to be amputated but he will live do the the 7
minutes of CPR that we did.

The mother was the only one with her seat belt on, the
airbag broke her nose and somehow knocker her out. But
she is fine. Was concious by the time we got her son
breathing again.

The fucker in the Camaro got cuffed and taken away.
The girl in the Accord was airlifted away. The young
girl in the van later died tonight/this morning from
massive head trauma. The driver of the accord
obviously died of the same. The boy in the van will
live as well, just one arm short.

Sorry about the bad grammer, I'm still in shock. I
doubt I'll get much sleep tonight.

But for you assholes that like to pull this shit on
occupied roads please PLEASE PLEASE take it to the
track. Save your life and someone elses. I'm done
ranting now. For those that read this, thanks.

-Far

chris@elementweb.com