Non SE-R: GM OHV Engines

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:05:31 -0600

Mike, I'll have you know that the Z24 had awesome power. It didn't have just
120 hp, it had 140 hp! This is tongue and cheek, by the way. My brother has
one('91 or '92). He couldn't understand why my Classic thrashed the hell out
of his car. Especially, since he insisted his was rwd. After looking up the
information on the net, he was a bit chagrined. That's how I remember how
much hp the car has. The only thing his car has that mine doesn't(beside the
obvious), is that kind of rough rumble at idle and acceleration. I tried to
tell him that it only sounds as if his car is bad ass.

After reading that article that Larry linked for us, I can only assume that
GM is only interested in the bottom dollar. Other companies have shown, that
you don't have to cater to the lowest common denominator. It's a shame,
they're behind the curve now. Before too long, they won't even be in the
same ball park.

Thanks for the link, Larry. Interesting reading.

Later,
Mark