NX upgrade note (brakes)

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 06:59:52 -0600

At 11:06 PM 11/20/2002 -0600, epster wrote:
>I put on the NX upgrade with 15" Borbets, and later put the stock wheels
>back on. I drove 3 blocks before I remembered that they weren't supposed
>to fit! Stopped got out and found no contact/scraping. I got lucky I guess.

It's your brake pad thickness (or lack of!)  I've run into this with my NX
- using stock SE-R wheels for autox rubber.  And when helping with an AD22
install on an SE-R.

When the pads are new, the caliper is sitting outboard at its farthest.  It
moves inward as they wear.  If you wear 1/8" off each pad, the caliper
moves 1/4" inward.

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R parts car