NX2000 questions

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:17:18 -0600

At 09:59 AM 11/20/2002 -0600, Jason Garrett Young wrote:
>I own a '92 NX2000 with auto tranny.

Sorry to hear that.  Got parts for a 5spd conversion ?  :)

>1. it shifts hard into second, even with 215/40/16's, the car easily
>chirps second when you are heavily accelerating.

Wow, that's surprising.  Never been in one, but I've heard they're sorta doggy.

>2. there is alot of road noise that comes from the back tires, even with
>the stock tires.  are these normal?

NXen aren't the most quiet things.  I guess there is a fair amount of rear
end noise.  Could also be a hatch not sealing (adjust the striker) or a
wheel bearing problem I s'pose.   Got another one to compare to?

    -Wayne    '91 NX2k - '93 NK2k - '92 SE-R parts car