GTiR Question

jon dossey jon_3000gt@hotmail.com
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:55:03 -0600

This is for anyone who's worked on a GTiR swap or any car with individual
throttle bodies.

We're trying to figure out why it won't make any appreciable amount of
vaccuum.  Well, I noticed there are a lot of vaccuum reference ports on the
intake manifold, right by the head, downstream of the throttle bodies.  On
cars with a single throttle body, you always take vaccuum AFTER the throttle
body (usually the plenum or intake manifold).

So I guess my question is: should all the vaccuum lines source from
downstream (after) the individual throttle bodies on the bottom of the
intake manifold?

Maybe this is a dumb question.  Another shop performed the swap for a
friend, and we're trying to straighten it out for him.  I amazed out how
poorly the work was done.  The car wouldn't pull over 5k when he got it to
us.  Wastegate was disconnected, fan shroud/line melted.  Disconnected
vaccuum lines and bosses just left unplugged.  JWT 4bar program and it had
like 65lbs of fuel pressure.  20* of timing (T3/T04e turbo!).  It was a
MESS!

Thanks in advance...

.jon
93 SE-R + N2O