Fastbrakes?

? grailer@yifan.net
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:03:10 -0600

"Ben Fenner" <fenfam@attbi.com> wrote:

  > Does anyone run panasports, and what brakes are you able to
  > fit under them?

I run 15x7 Panasport Lites. The AD22VF brakes *barely* clear the inside of the
Panasport spokes - in fact, the inside of the Panasport hubs will rub a bit
against the torque members of the NX2k brakes when the brakes warm up. Using a
spacer of even 1mm will solve that issue, but over time I've just worn a nice
groove so I don't need to worry about it. The outside of the caliper does clear
the inside diameter of the wheel, but again, not by a whole lot - it's a pretty
tight fit.

However, as Daniel Lee is quick to point out, don't underestimate the AD22VF
calipers. I run a similar setup to Daniel (including Victoracers) but with
Carbotech's Hawk Blue pads. The car consistently stops where I need it to and I
haven't had any fade issues.

Carson M. Hanrahan                        '91 Classic w/the usual stuff
"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss