muffler?

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:55:46 -0600

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 02:41:14PM -0600, SERRIC97@aol.com wrote:

>   excessive soot usually indicates a rich condition. i would be concerned and
> try to resolve it (i'm anal that way:) )

Nah.  They run rich stock.  Look at an O2 sensor readout on a dyno chart
some time.  Stock roller SR20s and QR25s with less than 30k miles often
dip well into the 11-12:1 range, which is beyond "excessively rich."
I'd call that "OPEC-friendly tuning."  It's safe, but it's ugly, and it
makes lots of soot on things like exhaust tips and bumper covers.

I like having suggestions to clean them up, though.  My stock chrome
tips are pretty nasty right now.  May try steel wool, if somebody can
tell me that it won't rust off after doing so.

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |