Drag runs!!

Jason Garrett Young jasongyoung@jacomanufacturing.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 07:43:38 -0600

Joel,

I think a 13.4 is very impressive for an se-r with full street trim (total
daily driver, complete with spare tire, and stereo, not a shell with an
inspection sticker and tags) with street tires.

Additionally, realize that you got a 256HP (at the wheels) on the dyno with
that car.  That motor is rated at 240hp (flywheel) from the factory.

The only motor adjustments you have had done are:  1. larger injectors   2.
larger MAF  3. doubled your boost
Realizing that no. 1. and no. 2 do nothing for HP but just allow your ECU to
be able to accommodate the increased amount of air going to the motor, your
256HP is very nice.

Let's do a (I know I know)  power train loss of 15%       256/.85  =  301 HP
Let's do 12%               256/.88  =  290

Now negating whether you multiply by .15 or 1.15 or divide, the point is
still made.   You are making approximately at least 50HP more than the motor
you started out with.  And this is with the stock, used turbo.  I think you
should be proud.

Additionally, I think they dyno that you are using is showing low numbers
since at stock boost, you get such a low number that doesn't IN ANY WAY
correlate to the track times that you are getting.

JGY