20hp? Is it Too good to be true?

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 00:39:29 -0600

Matt wrote:

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872147382

>they claim to advance the timing by 4 degrees in any 89+ Sentra... I tried
>to explain to my friend how these are for the most part, scams, but I'm not
>sure how.... What would something like this actually do? for $6.99? I told
>my friend it wouldnt work in my car since I have a qr25, which has a
>different ecu than an sr20... right?

>Sorry for being such a newb.

Oi.

I could sell you a bridge that would make as much hp as this thing.

PT Barnum would have loved car folks on eBay.

Sorry dude, I'm not trying to pick on you or embarrass you.  The answer is
it might do something very small, but if you just advance your timing
manually, you can do as much as this thing will for you.  Run away and save
your seven bucks.

Twenty hp?  How do these people sleep at night?

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>