Another B13 rear STB

Ben Baird ben@polycore-usa.com
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 11:48:17 -0600

With this particular design how would you adjust the preload?  It looks like
solid stock with the ends threaded, so no opposing force when tightening.  I
might be missing something from the pics though, could you please enlighten?

Ben
'91 SE-R
'92 SE-R

Josh Palmer wrote:

I modified Omer Khan's B13 rear strut tower brace design.
The bracket is very similar, but this design has a block
welded below the bracket, with a threaded hole low enough
so you don't have to cut any sheet metal.
This prototype is only spot welded in a few places, just
to check the fit.
Here is a link to some pictures:
http://www.geocities.com/jjpalmer314/b13rearstb.html

The brackets and blocks are steel because that was what
we had in stock. The center bar is aluminum, 1" hex.
I'll probably make another one with aluminum brackets
and blocks, to save weight. The center bar should be
rigid enough with a 7/8" hex bar - I'll probably make
one to test it.