Radiator fan issues

Justin McClanahan mcclanah@email.arizona.edu
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 19:22:08 -0600

This is on a 91 SE-R. The fans don't kick on under normal use at 212F.
There is no A/C in the car so i can't test to see if it changes w/ the A/C
on. The consult can see the engine coolant temperature and can also turn
the fans on as well. The relay is getting power (tested per FSM) and I know
the relay works as I pulled another one from my G20 that was just working.
Also, all of the fuses and fusable links are fine. The FSM diagnostic troubleshooting
points to the wiring harness, but I'm wondering if the harness is bad, how
can the consult turn the fans on? Could there be a separate temperature sensor
that controls the fans that the consult doesn't see and bypasses when turning
the fans on manually? Thank you!

Justin McClanahan
95 G20
Justin McClanahan