Strut Bar installation question

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 15:34:25 -0600

Josh wrote:

>>1. Is the install as easy as it looks? ie.. unbolt the
nuts from the top of the struts, install brackets,
replace nuts...<<

Yes, it is very simple.

>>2. It has a threaded adjusting rod on one side. How do
I decide how much tension? Is there a procedure for
any of this?<<

This is more of an adjustment to compensate for slight differences between
cars due to production tolerances or "incident" related frame damage.
If you adjust it to make the width of the bar shorter, you _may_ increase
your negative camber a _little_.   If you adjust it to make the bar's total
length longer, you _may_ decrease your camber a little.
I would just tighten it to take out any slop and smile.

Tim Rogers