damn door locks on se-r (96)

Jason Garrett Young jasongyoung@jacomanufacturing.com
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 08:37:58 -0600

so I pull the car into the shop and up on the lift.  I turn the car off,
leaving the key in the ignition, shut the door, and the damn doors lock.

WTF?

also, from everything that I can tell, this car does not have an aftermarket
alarm.

Now, I am not going to get into how I got in, and please don't turn this
into a banter about how to get into our cars, PLEASE

But my question is:  Is this a fluke?  Surely Nissan didn't design the car
like this.

After I managed to get into the car, I tested it and no matter if the key is
in the ignition, on the seat, in my butt (RK), or in your hand, you shut the
doors, they lock.  This has to be an asinine system.