Help in selecting tool set (Craftsman VS Harbor Freight)

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:26:25 -0500

Ok, so if you've seen any of my posts lately, I'm gearing up to do either an
I/H/E/Cams install or a small turbo setup install and was trying to decide
what brand of tools to get. I just moved in to my own place and I can't
mooch off my stepdad anymore so I need to buy my own tools. I've been
looking into Craftsman hand tools but I also considered Harbor Freight Tools
which is just down the street from them. Big factor in the equation is price
vs reliability issue and both have lifetime warranties.
So, does anyone have any experience with Harbor Freight Tools, good and bad?
I have their torque wrench (1/2 drive, 0-150 ft/lbs) and it seems well made
but I really haven't put it through it's paces yet. I've already heard some
of the good stories about Craftsman but how bout some horror ones? Anyways,
I'm gonna need a lot of help and will be asking quite a few questions so
please bear with me and try not to laugh too hard when I ask seemingly
simple questions.  Thanx for any input.

Ray
98 Sentra SE
San Bernardino CA