MAF insulated from chassis ground?

Steve.Linn@cornerstonecontrols.com Steve.Linn@cornerstonecontrols.com
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:55:11 -0500

After seeing reference in the CAI / Turbo thread in regards to wanting to
keep the MAF located as far as possible from the compressor, what about
other placement issues for the MAF (and not just on turbo cars)?  Should it
be insulated from the chassis?  I am currently messing around with a WAI /
cold air box setup and I currently have the relocated MAF mounted to the
chassis with a piece of mending plate.  Any advantage to using some rubber
to insulate it as well?  Am I screwing things up?  Somebody throw be a
banana...

Steve in Indy
Solo Geek / Racer Wannabee