CAI on turbo

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 10:34:40 -0500

>Technically both are turbines though

No they aren't. One is a turbine, one is a compressor. Same in turbine
engines. Same in jet engines. Same in turbos.

Some of you guys need to read the pressure equation that Mike posted.
Better yet, go read Mike's "suck, squish, bang, blow" series on
turbochargers. The info there rocks. I have a copy in my shop manuals
(my own concoction) that I refer to regularly.

Compressing air heats it. It's heated by an amount based on the
efficiency and a bunch of other math (see above). This amount of heat is
added upon the temp of the air coming in. Cold air is good. Engines like
cold air.

-Jay