gearset interchange RS5F32V & RS5F50A

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:04:46 -0500

On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 02:01:20PM -0500, Bryan Barratt wrote:

> Can I swap the whole gearset into my earlier case? I would use the whole thing
> but it is hydraulic clutch and not L/S

This is an interesting question, and I'm sorry the thread has fallen by
the wayside.  I was just catching up on some pleasure reading, and
noticed that (according to the FSM!) the '00 B15 Sentras all use an
RS5F70 transmission (A or V).  This is disappointing, because I had
hoped that the Altima used the same transmission [family].  Anyway...

It's been said that the B15 transmission is closely related to the
earlier SE-R transmission, but is about 15% stronger.  It also has a
hydraulically-actuated clutch, though, and uses a different mount
system, so I'm clearly not suggesting that you use it. :)  I just wanted
to compare some part numbers.

If only I could find out if the R&P set from the QG18DE's tranny (3.827:1)
will fit in my SE's (4.176:1) case.  It only makes sense, but I have to
ask. ;)

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |