CAI on turbo

John Campbell jcampbel@dfsfin.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:31:00 -0500

Mike, I apologize for the incorrect terminology, I was over simplifying.

<You are wrong, the turbine does not do the heating or
<compressing.

And a properly designed CAI shouldn't significantly impede the airflow due
to bends or diameter, correct? And so would still be better than a cone or
foam type filter attached to the *compressor's* intake in the engine bay.

<It is better to have a cold air intake with a turbo
<for the temperature differenctial, the resonance can
<have some effect but its hard to predict because the turbo turns the flow
<into a more steady state condition.

<Miek