blower resistor

Scott Herstad shersta@ilstu.edu
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 07:47:37 -0500

FWIW, last winter, my fan began operating only on the #4 position. Being
the good FAQ reader that I am, I dutifully ordered a new resistor from
Courtesy. Bent over and installed it (it's right underneath the glove
box on the far pass. side--George is right, you can't miss it,
especially when you have the new resistor in your hand). Didn't fix the
problem, though. Turns out the fan switch itself was the culprit.
Should've know since the switch felt pretty "gritchy" when moving it.
So, if fan switch operation doesn't feel normal, you might want to check
that out as well.

Scott
'93 classic