Ok some se-r content, update on the next big thing, further SR20DE NA Development

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:13:29 -0500

Ok, I'll post some se-r content.

As you know I have been working on developing a really
big SE-R motor for some time.  Well it is coming
closer to reality.  After having the crank on order
for nearly a year, it is supposed to be ready in the
next 3-4 weeks!

This is going to be a 94mm stroke with a block sleeved
to 89mm for a displacement of around 2350cc.  It
should be sort of like a QR25 that can still rev to
around 7000-7500 rpm.

I am going to build it with a Rob Williams O2
induction manifold, JWT C3 cams and a high port head.
I am going to use JWT dish pistons for the KA24 which
will give me a compression ratio of 11:1

On the interesting front, I am going to be working
with R&D Dyno, the guys that build the killer 10
second all motor Hondas to develop a CNC ported
cylinder head.  A lot of flowbench work will be done
with the goal to get at least 20-25% flow improvment
accross the board.  Once a good port configuration is
developed, it will be digitized and programed into a 6
axis CNC machine so it can be replicated with 100%
consistancy.

R&D sells honda heads with a 20 wheel hp money back
guarantee and they usualy get 25-30 hp!  The think
that they should be able to get 20 hp from the SR20. I
am going to build up the heads with JWT's new 1mm os
stainless valves, new conical valve springs and Ti
retainers.

I am probably going to Hi-Tech Exhaust to get a all
stainless anti-reversion header made, Hi-Tech makes
all of the really killer headers for the fast all
motor hondas.

My goal is to make 210 streetable pump gas hp with
about 180 ft/lbs of torque.

Best of all after I figure it all out, you will be
able to buy the bits.

Mike