Goodbye mailing list.

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:50:37 -0500

Brian Cembor wrote:

>George, I am sorry if it "pisses you off" that was not my intention. I am
>trying to understand the reasoning/logic here.

Brian, it was not your message, but rather the tone of your message, i.e.
that if the SE-R list cannot be *the* place, Larry would pack up his list
and go home.  If that's not how you intended it, be assured that's how it
came out.  And nothing is further from the truth.

>I want the list to continue as much as anyone else here. I just don't buy
>into the reasoning as to the "dignified death".

OK, so Larry is lying?

Buy it.

>Many of us subscribe to many other lists, you George say so yourself, and
>frequent many of the "competing" forums. Why don't you make said
>announcements or link posts on this list?

Uh, I *do*.  I answer questions elsewhere.  If I post some new topic or
information somewhere else, I almost always post it here as well.  The rare
exception is something specifically related to SCCA ITS racing my get
posted to the ITS racers list and something specifically related to just
the G20 gets posted to sometimes to just the G20 forum.  Gatherings,
geekouts, and Texas Rallies all get posted here first.  Then they get
posted to other forums and lists.

>I have been just as guilty of this as any of you in this regard.

I don't see what I'm guilty of.

>I applaud Larry for maintaining this list for so long. Maybe he should
>pass the torch, as someone else already stated, if he no longer feels
>passionately about this list.

Again, I think you are missing the point.  Larry *does* feel passionately
about this list and that is why he'd rather euthanize it than let it suffer
a slow agonizing death.  Fortunately, I don't think either will happen now.

>As I stated originally I am trying to understand the motivation here.

Then perhaps you should listen to what you are being told and accept it for
truth.

Sorry, I don't mean to be harsh.  I really don't.  Just believe what you're
being told.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>