car covers, what should I buy?

sentras@tampabay.rr.com sentras@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 23:34:11 -0500

     I actually bought a car cover from California Car Cover a few months ago.
It's nice ($150) and came with mirror pockets and the holes on the bottom for a
locking system. The only thing I really don't like is how tight it fits. I live
in Florida and I believe even a Cat 5 hurricane wouldn't be able to blow it
off. The other thing is that the elastic parts on the front and rear of the
cover pull pretty far under the car and getting the lower insides of the cover
dirty. Basically, it fits like saran rap (I'm glad I don't have to take it
on/off every day).

     To be honest, I like the cover I had before much better because it fit
tight, not as tight though, and still gave the car some breathing room. Even
during windy days I had no problem with it blowing off. The only thing it
didn't come with is the mirror pockets. I bought it at an auto parts store and
it's the Technalon 2 cover made of the Evo 4 fabric. I think I paid
($100<x<$120) about four years ago.

     BTW, if you order it from a company, it's going to take a couple weeks (if
you're lucky) to receive.

Eric Hope
Tampa, FL
93 Sentra SE-R