Pacesetter Monza cat-back exhaust system - installed

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 11:53:31 -0500

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 10:49:49AM -0500, Ivan Chou wrote:

> so I didn't take photos, but I made a quick measurement with a ruler and
> the ID is about 2 1/8", despite the 2 1/4" advertised.  There is a small

 1) Close enough.
 2) Still bigger than stock.
 3) Last time I checked, most exhaust parts were sold based on O/D size,
not I/D size.

> resonator, and it looks somewhat restrictive on the inside, maybe 2".

Interesting.

> However, there are mandrel bends all the way down.  $175 shipped complete

I've seen this cat-back come up a couple times on the SR20DEForum, and I
can't really see anything wrong with it at all.  Well, except for the
ugly-ass tip.

> There is only one flange to connect the cat, after that it's all slip-on
> pieces, fastened by cheap u-bolt clamps.  Fitment is quite good; I get no

If you have a buddy with a welder, you can get rid of the clamps, too.
;)

> The muffler appears to be a non straight-thru design with an left offset
> inlet, center outlet exiting to a single 4" chrome tip, painted yellow

As stated, the tip is hideous.  I'd be willing to bet that the muffler
that comes with the system flows as well as a DynoMax SuperTurbo (a $40
muffler), and getting something better would be a totally trivial
matter.  As for the tip, you can do whatever you like, but I like the
idea of getting something just a *little* more subtle welded on. :)

--
-=|JP|=-        "It's like a koala crapped a rainbow in my brain..."

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://members.cardomain.com/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net         |