track days

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121@oak.njit.edu
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:17:12 -0500

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Brian Cembor wrote:

> Typically, how much do these track days cost?

Brian - depending on the club, how well it's run, what track you're at,
and how much track time you get, it could be anywhere from low $100's to
$500.  I usually run here in the northeast with a club called PDA and we
do Pocono (usually $155 for members - membership is like $35 for the
year), Limerock ($175 I think), and Watkins Glen ($220)  You get 4
30-minute sessions so there is a good deal of track time.  On the other
hand, there is Trackmasters which mostly runs at the Glen and up at
Mosport and Mt. Tremblant in Canada and they're more like $500 (I think?)
for two days.  Tons of track time and they're a great organization.  Only
catch is they typically don't do weekends.  Most of their events are
mid-week (not good for some of us younger guys that don't have 10 weeks a
year off from work ;)

The club events are great fun and well worth the money!  As has been
pointed out many times, seat time is key to becoming a better driver.
Spend the bucks and get out there and learn to drive better (and have fun
while doing it!)  Unfortunately for us here in the northeast, the year is
almost over :(  It'll be back up and running again in March or April
though

ciaran
(anxiously awaiting next year's event dates to be posted so I can raid the
bank account)