Maxima Rear Discs...?

Steve Foltz stevefoltz@hotmail.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 08:56:05 -0500

>start buying the pieces...  I have a 96 200sx SE-R
>with a warped rear rotor on the drivers side and the
>caliper on that side in need of a rebuild... so I
>figured that since I needed to replace those parts,
>why not upgrade instead of going stock for stock?

If you don't have bigger brakes in the front then upgrading the rears is not
a good idea.  I have 11 inch fronts with the Maxima rears.  The balance is
very good but "might" lean toward being rear-biased which is not what you
want.  Ultimately you want the fronts to lock slightly before the rear.
Mine seem to lock at just about the same time.  If you were to get the
bigger rear and keep the stock front it would be way out of balance.  If I
have misunderstood and you already have 11-inch or bigger fronts (ie bigger
then NX brakes) then just buy the loaded caliper from BAP Geon or something.
  Some people dont provide the torque member so you want to see which auto
store does provide the torque member.  Other then that the 95-99 Maxima
brakes are a direct bolt on for the b14 brakes.  I have done it.  Don't buy
expensive rear pads.  They will just increase rear brake bias.  Just use
some regular street pads to start with.  Brain at www.fastbrakes.com will
sell the predrilled Maxima rotors for about 55 a piece IIRC.

Steve Foltz
98 Sentra SE
VE powered, Fastbrakes BABK