The Glen

? grailer@yifan.net
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:31:58 -0500

"Raymond A. Kawski" <sr20de@epix.net> wrote:

  > Not so for Turbo cars.  Turbos love hills or any type of
  > load for that matter.

Mmmm, maybe. My experience doesn't back this up, but then again I'm not driving
your car. However, everyone I've spoken with (including professional racing
teams running turbo'ed cars with telemetry) agrees that you won't pick up much
speed down the back straight. Once you crest the visible hill the track's still
climbing. Your speed at the crest, at the top of the esses as you exit turn four
and ease left across the track, is pretty much (within a few (less than 10) MPH)
what you'll hit before braking for the bus stop.

  > I was also hitting 130mph on the front straight.

That's pretty quick indeed! I know I'm creeping close to redline in fourth on
the front straight, but never hit 5th except for the back straight.

Carson M. Hanrahan                        '91 Classic w/the usual stuff
"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss