SR20 motor won't start

AustinPR69@aol.com AustinPR69@aol.com
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:18:14 -0500

--- 93SER@attbi.com wrote:
    >Do U have spark ?

Yes, all four plug wires and the coil all have spark.

I checked the distributor and it's ok. The following things have been checked
and
are working.

Starter
Intake stream
Fuel pressure regulator
Fuel pump
Injectors
Spark plugs
Plug wires and Coil wire
Distributor

I don't want to admit it, but I think the timing chain did take a dump.
If the timing chain is loose or skipped a toother and it's lined up right,
the compression would be low and the motor would not start correct? If i'm
wrong then once again I have no clue what it could be.

--- wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net wrote:
    >My guesses, in order of ascending badness:
    >* You blew out some rocker arms
    >* Head gasket leaking
    >* Valves bent / pistons melted / other internal mechanical damage.

I sure hope not, but if it's not the timing chain I will begin to suspect that
those are the only remaining problems left that could explain my case.