New Motor Mounts Needed - Bite the bullet!

Daniel Landberg walrusx4@maine.rr.com
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 01:15:54 -0500

So it's time. I've got to do it. I need a new solution for motor mounts.

If anyone has their originals in good shape I'd love to have them - cuz I
can't afford new ones aftermarket or stock! let me know and we'll talk.

I would like to repair my existing/make new ones.
I have instructions here:

http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/1998/1998-07/msg01545.html

I have discovered on the mcmaster webpage, there are some lighter
compounds - perhaps they would produce a softer ride, but will it still be
effective? part no. 8644K24 is shore 60A. How would that work? or would it
at all? am I talking apples to apples here?!?!

I have weighed out the options in the archives, and this is the only viable
one. I have engine vibration and it's not the tires, axles, or the
alignment.

Anyone with some light to shed on this would be great - I want good engine
mounts, but I don't really need solid ones. I have searched the archives and
found some great posts, but less about the actual experience. Let me know
any suggestions/experiences you've all had since the urethane posts a couple
of years ago?

Is there somewhere I can get replacement ones for cheap? (I know it's
probably impossible).

Dan in Maine
Black NX2000