junk yard question- law involved ?

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:24:28 -0500

Ok guys, I got myself a winter beatter last week, 90 Maxima w/ 300K miles but
it needed a tune up BIG time, 2 new injectors, and a tranny. I got the engine
to run like new, and then got a tranny from a bone yard- 700 F&($ dollars for
a tranny.... 750 for a REMAN tranny off the net with a 12 month warranty- 125
shipping ( shoulda gotten that) so this tranny has a 90 day warranty on it, my
1st gear is fucked up totally, it grinds, pops out, and its hard to engage,
tranny makes noises when U drive and accelerate- sounds like straight cut
gears. Question I got is... I know I can get my $$$ back for the tranny
itself, but what about the labor ? I put the trans in myself, took a hour to
do. But I want them to refund the labor too, All I ask for is 200 bux- shit my
shop charges 125 bux a hour to do this, and we never quote less than 7 hours
to do a clutch on cars- but thats besides the point. I want them to refund me
the $$ for labor, anyone done something like that and got away ? Or am I just
fucked ? I wanna drive the car, she runs like new, I also put in a Key Value
clutch in it, its not in the best shape- LF fender is blue and trunk lid is
navy blue, car is faded.. but its aztec red. 1990 Maxima SE 5spd, gots all the
goodies, like Bose and all power, it runs better than my fresh JDM SR20 in my
93 SE-R. Any clues as to what I can do now ? I just got back from work- last
one to leave the shop so I couldn't talk to any of the older guys there to see
what I can get out of this... thanx !
Mike Jez- Acura Certified Journey Man.
90 Maxima SE 5spd 300K miles.
01 Maxima GXE 5spd 40K miles.
93 SE-R unknown mileage but over 200K miles.