Master Cylinder Nightmare <--WTB

Rick Warkentien sr20de@sunflower.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:59:38 -0500

Well I have just had a nightmarish experince with the master cylinder on my
car and i need to buy one from some one. 92 SE-R without ABS. I need the whole
master cylinder including the resivoir and Proprtioning valves that attach to
it. If anybodys got one for sale let me know.

If anybody is interested heres the story (short version but still long)

M/C #1 Upon comparing it to the one that was on the car we determined the
proportioning valve ports were to small. Found a set of proportioning valves
off a freinds old wrecked 93 se-r w/ ABS. They fit fine but then one of the
other ports flat didn't have any threads in it.

M/C #2 (actually odered three for three different cars) #2a for a 92 SE-R w/o
ABS #2b for an SE-R w/o ABS and #2c for an SE with four wheel disc. Well #2a
had one of the proportioning valve ports threads screwed up so we couldn't use
it. #2b was flat wrong (thought so but just wanted to check) and low and
behold #2c was identical to the one i originally had on my car. So we
determined that my master cylinder has been replaced before at some time with
one from a SE or GXE with four wheel disc. Put it on and bled the system, And
it was worse than the one i took off.

M/C #3 ordered another one for a GXE / SE with 4 wheel disc and had the shop
acrost the street put it in. Its still worse than the one i initially had on
there, but its better than number two.

So i need a master cylinder. I am fed up with the rebuilt ones. I don't think
they work to well on the aluminum bodies like ours have. Anybody got one they
could sell me? E-mail me off list and we will talk.

Thanks for listening
Rick
60-0 in a quarter mile.......