Manual Transaxle on '95 200SX SER

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:29:21 -0500

At 03:08 PM 9/26/2002 -0500, Russell wrote:
>     First, I'm using the Haynes manual, and it just says to remove the
>"speedometer drive pinion" to fill it up.  I think my year/model of car must

Nope.  Use the fill plug. See below.

>1) on the front of the transaxle facing the front bumper there's some kind of
>electrical sensor going in a hole, secured w/ a phillips screw

Leave that alone.  Very close to it there's a metal plug with a square
recess you can get into with a 3/8" socket to twist out.  That's the fill
plug.  Fill till it just starts to dribble out.

>2) on top of the transaxel is a hose coming off that's just open ended (what's
>this hose for anyway?)

It's a breather vent.  Leave it alone.

BTW, the drain plug and fill plug have tapered threads.  Clean the threads
and goop them with some pipe joint compound, Permatex thread sealer, or in
a pinch plain old silicone sealer.
   -Wayne