KOYO Radiator

Boonrat Lohwongwatana boonrat@caltech.edu
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:26:27 -0500

For the archives:

Okay guys, I know that some people have been searching for this info as
well as me. So, here is what I found and compiled.

Koyo offers two upgrades for my cars (NX2000 and Classic). There are the
big version and the race version. Most Koyo distributors that sell Koyo
radiators to typical parts stores or mechanics will not even have the part
number for the race version on file.

The upgraded street version of Koyo is numbered: 1405 or C1405. I think
other manufacturers also utilize the same part number. The dimension is

Core: 12_5/8 x 25_1/2 x 1_1/4
TH: 1_7/8 x 26_1/4
BH: 1_7/8 x 26_1/4
inlet/outlet: 1_3/8
Rows: 2

I have seen the radiator myself, and it is slightly beefier than my NX
radiator. And it is made of aluminium. It came with all the necessary
adaptors. direct drop-in. Places like Autotech By Beck sells it around
200+ dollars. (626-584-0522) Personally, I think it is a much better buy
than the Nismo radiator because of the size and price.

Okay, and for the racers, there is a race version of Koyo radiator. As I
mentioned earlier, it is not listed in the typical radiator database. This
one is about 3 inch thick. Full aluminium construction. It is made in
Indonesia. The part number is 1440-R. Places like Absolute Radiator or
Intensed Motorsport sells it for about 350+shipping.

http://www.absoluteradiator.com/TheStore/scpages/KoyoGroupBuy.html
is the cheapest price I found.

This is also a direct replacement.

Boonie