B13 wheel/brake choice.

Ben Fenner fenfam@attbi.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 20:14:42 -0500

I'm looking for some help from the SE-R community.

I will tell you what I do know.

I have a stock 1994 Sentra SE-R.

I know I want the Big Ass Brake Kit from SMC products.
I'm pretty sure I can still get this kit.

I know I want panasport wheels.
I know 15 inch wheels will be best for me (I'm looking to autocross).
I know I have a budget.

This is what I do not know.

Will the BABK fit inside a 15" x 7" panasport wheel?
Is the inside diameter of the wheel too small to fit the brakes?
Do the spokes not clear the calipers? (Where a simple spacer would fix my
problem?)
Or is it both?

I know I could go to a 16" panasport to solve my problem.
Or I could go to the 15" Volk TE 37s.
Or I could get some 15" SSR Competition wheels.
I do not like any of these options because of astetic, performance, and
economical reasons, although the 16" panasports would not be so bad.

Also, as a side note, does anyone know where to get size 205/45-15 street
tires?
I prefer these to the 195/50-15 option because of the wider tire and shorter
drive ratio. But the thinner tire may be my only 15" option.

Thank you for your time,
-Ben