Center Force Myth

Wayne Cox wmc_sr20@bellsouth.net
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:21:27 -0500

At 11:00 AM 9/17/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>C'mon guys don't bust on Centerforce like that!  They make an excellent
>dual friction clutch, I've installed their clutch in two different
>vehicles and I love the feel.

CF was probably my first aftermarket clutch (this was probably back in 1994
or so.)  It lasted about 25K miles, not bad for me at that time.  The feel
was unexceptional, and it wasn't that grabby.  The facing wore out on mine,
but the hub was substantially flimsier than a stock disk. It's not a bad
clutch (like ClutchBastards) but the JWT or stock setup are better for the
money these days.

>  Plus, I love gettin' third gear chirps whenever I want=)

Yeah, me too (ok - so we're easily amused!)  But unless you love replacing
transmissions also, you should try to resist the urge.  It's a good way to
blow up 3rd gear.  Believe me,  BTDT.  I may have even been the first
non-turbo guy to shred 3rd fro that matter.
   -Wayne