5 mph rear end accident causes tons of damage......(kinda long)

Probe Dude probedude@hotmail.com
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:46:15 -0500

Given the forces the clutch sees during normal operation (1,000's of rpms,
engagement forces, heat, clamping forces, etc) I cannot see how a rear ender
would ever damage a clutch.  There's a lot of absorbing 'stuff' between the
engine and the rear impact point.  Jody would be in a hospital before the
clutch ever broke.

That said - wasn't there a thread about the poor quality of Centerforce
clutches in general?  I think it is just coincidence that it failed.  Then
again, what's to say it isn't from some other clutch component and this
mechanic just sees dollar signs in his head.