Limerock yesterday (more)

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121@oak.njit.edu
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:37:18 -0500

Kyle wrote:

> So Keiran, I notice the videos you linked here of you passing a few cars,
> where are the videos of all the cars passing you though? ; -)

I'll post some of those... no problem.  Forget it, I'll just show them to
you sometime next week when we can meet up.  There are some other pictures
up on PDA's website:

http://www.imp-auto.com/pda

Check these two out:

http://www.gallery.imp-auto.com/PDAGalleryImages/LRP07Sept02Blu_8526_p.jpg

I saw that picture and said to myself "I don't remember passing a Viper"
and that was in the first session since you can see I didn't have the
video camera mounted yet.  Then I saw this picture:

http://www.gallery.imp-auto.com/PDAGalleryImages/LRP07Sept02Blu_8525_p.jpg

Where you can clearly see my hand out the window pointing the viper by :(
However, that 911 wasn't just pointing the Viper by... he was pointing me
by as well.  *NOW* I remember going three wide down the front straight
with the viper and porsche on either side of me... now *THAT* was cool!
At the end of that session, however, I do know that I passed a bunch of
other cars and caught back up to that red viper.  I was just mounting a
charge on him when they threw the checkered.  I was *SO* ready to go at it
with that viper :(

> I must admit, if you were able to pass that gran sport and cobra that fast,
> either you're one hell of a driver or they really just beginners or
> something?

It's not because I'm one hell of a driver, I'll tell you that!  The gran
sport was real speed but that mustang let way off.  He let the black M3
you see way ahead of me by, he let the gran sport by, and he let me by.
The Gran Sport, though, if you look at the lap prior was pretty easy to
catch.  Like I said, when I bumped myself up to the next run group, I felt
like I had to learn to drive all over again!  I was in over my head!  But
I'm looking forward to starting fresh and trying to run with those guys
next year (I want to dominate Watkins Glen in my run group :)  I'm up to
the challenge of the red run group for sure!

> I'm looking forward to riding passenger in that B14 of yours, from what you
> say, it's pretty fast (or is it you said you were pretty fast???) ; -)

In the blue run group, it's more the driver that's fast.  In the red run
group the car's faster than the driver (and they both suck!)  If we talk
to Joe from PDA prior to going up (or get Joe D) to talk to him, we might
be able to get you to ride a few sessions with Joe and myself as an
instructor.  Limerock was *REAL* strict... no passengers even under
yellow warmups!

> In either case, should be fun to hang out and play side seat driver. ;-)
> So, you mentioned Joe goes to the track with you too?  Who else in the area?

Well, at LRP, David G and Derrick O were there.  Ray sometimes goes.  John
M was there as well with his NX.  Rick Lepore was there but just
instructing.  At the Glen Jim and Mark will be joining us as well Mike
Pahls I hear?  But Joe and I are the only ones who have done every event
so far this year (with the exception of the event that took place the same
weekend as ALMS in DC)

kieran